In most instances your Long Distance Move should begin with a free in-home estimate from an in-home estimator. The estimator will come out to your home and conduct a survey of your property. His or her goal is to determine your move size, map out a moving strategy and provide you with fair and honest pricing.
Once you’ve selected your Little Rock mover, you now need to begin to prepare your home for the move. You will receive several tips from the moving company on how to make the move as smooth as possible. I’ve listed a few of my own below:
- Plan a garage sale to eliminate items that you don’t need.
- Secure change of address information from postal service
- Notify utility companies of cancellation of services
- Assemble important documents (i.e. policies, birth certificates, school records etc.)
- Garner packing materials(only needed if you are doing the packing)
- Disconnect major appliances
Remember you’re looking for a Little Rock moving company that is going to be with you throughout the entire process of your move.